20 June, 2008

Internet Explorer

I don't understand the idea of Internet Explorer.  It is not standards-compliant, it doesn't even support .png picture transparency, and it is hard as the dickens to code for.

It's like, if you want to make a beautiful website these days, you have to actually make two beautiful websites, where one of them is coded for Internet Explorer and the code itself makes a lot less sense.  If you are reading my blog with Internet Explorer, you yourself and me a favor and download Firefox.  It's faster, it is standards-compliant, and it will let you look at every web page.

I mean, Safari has its flaws but at least it obeys the W3C standards.  As a web designer, Internet Explorer is so frustrating, I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I am seriously considering not letting anyone using IE use wikifriends.  Like if someone tries there will be an error message that tells them I hate them and they should switch browsers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That seems fair, as long as you at least link them to the Firefox site.

I used to always use Firefox, but for a while now I've been on a Safari kick. I've been having trouble loading videos with it lately, but I can't tell for sure whether that's because it's Safari or if it's because I'm in China.

Also you should email my mom back if you haven't already.

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand half of the techno jargon in your post. But I trust what you say is true (even though I am using IE as I type - the horror).

Anyway, I wanted to express my appreciation for your help with some of the technical stuff of setting up my blog at PolicyWithPop.com. Thanks, pal.

Good to see you today. Oh and I read "this" and expect a cookie. It better not be a computer cookie. LOL.