19 June, 2006

Hahaha!

So I watched the new Pink Panther last night (with Steve Martin). It was, well, really, really bad. I was thinking back and decided that I haven't seen a worse movie since Riding with Death. Then I remembered Space Mutiny and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. But the thing is, neither of those were trying to be funny. If a movie is trying to be suspenseful or intense or something like that, and fails, you can laugh at it. When a movie tries to be funny, there is nothing you can do except pick up a magazine and start reading it during the movie (I read a discovery magazine about the Great Depression; I learned a lot!).

Yeah. I think that every time Steve Martin talked in Pink Panther I died a little. I mean, the movie basically used the same joke over and over again, and it wasn't funny the first time. And it also wasn't funny at any other time. Wait, wait, there was one part that I smiled at, actually. If you've seen it, remember the scene where Steve Martin shouts "Newspapers!" and they put up newspapers? And then that happens a few times? And then Steve Martin falls down the steps to the subway? That scene (sans subway) was the best part of the movie. If you haven't seen the movie, you get a THUMBS UP award.

Anyway, my family was all depressed when it was finished, and we were like man we need to do something to finish this day on a good note. We ended up watching the Princess Bride (I like this movie a lot, as does everybody. You like it a lot too). I noticed midway through that the six-fingered man reminded me of Corky from Waiting for Guffman. I said that to my family and they were like "heh yeah there are some similarities." And I was like "no seriously, guys, I think it's the same actor." And they were like "haha shut up Matthew." And then we got to the credits, and who played the six-fingered man? Christopher Guest! I get to add another notch to my "I was right and they were wrong" wall.

P.S. My brother is really getting obsessed with OutKast lately. I mean, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are a good band (I'm told by people I respect, anyway), so him ruining them for me by playing the same stuff by them nonstop is a little okay. But OutKast? They basically have no songs that could be called good by anybody with reasonable taste. I mean, they suck and I hate them. I want my brother to turn them off. I told him that, and he was like "whatever shut up fag." He didn't say fag, but that is what I imagine in my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO "Shut up fag" Okay, he didn't say fag, but that's what I imagined."

nice.

Anyway, OutKast has one song I like, it's called "The Whole World Loves You"

It's not fantastic, I have it, but like, it's not even on my top three hundred of favorite songs, but unlike their other stuff, my ears don't start bleeding when it's played.

Anonymous said...

I think needlessly remaking films starring Peter Sellers should be a felony. Even though the original Pink Panthers are slightly dated and in some cases racist (Cato!)they are still hilarious! EEEERGH. This is exactly why I continue to avoid the movie theatres. I find RHCP annoying, but in terms of Top 40 pop music they are slightly more innovative. Space Mutiny is awesome!

Ingrid