07 June, 2006

Pickles on Parade

I have to remember that I don't like hanging out with a lot of friends at once. It always sounds like a lot of fun and then I do it and then I come home all unhappy. Although on the other hand, not going to such events would be viewed as "anti-social" and people would start assuming I had circumstances or something. I am not liking this situation. I guess the best thing to do is to just go and not enjoy it and then go home, basically what I am doing.

In case people are wondering why I am not really having get-togethers at my house anymore, by the way, this is why. There is another reason, but that'd just make people feel guilty, and I have no reason to do that. Yeah. I don't really like parties. I like the Night Crew because it involves just a few people going out and basically hanging out. I like being with a few people. But with a lot of people it just gets too, noisy. Noisy isn't the word I'm looking for. Partly I start automatically changing who I am to accommodate the atmosphere. Yeah. I become noisy. That's it. I don't like being noisy, yet I always start doing so when in a big group. And then afterwards I just feel unfulfilled. I don't like going to parties for this reason. I like being in small groups, preferably of two (me and you).

I did get to play a mandolin though, and it was wonderful. I did a shit job at it, but it was so awesome to have a mandolin in my hands again. I really need to save up for a mandolin. That would be a really good idea.

Anyway, I guess from now on I'll just keep going to parties, but I'll probably only come for short periods of time. Or something. I'll probably just keep doing what I'm doing and then make upset posts when I get home. Yeah. That's the plan.

2 comments:

Matthew A LaChance said...

No it was a different party. CHS Graduation was yesterday. I am friends with I think 5 of the graduates, so I knew to steer clear. Heh.

Yeah see I guess what I don't like is that I'm one of the people that gets loud and annoying. If it was only other people, I still wouldn't like it though.

I got gezkrrx. I've had better.

Anonymous said...

Although on the other hand, not going to such events would be viewed as "anti-social" and people would start assuming I had circumstances or something. I am not liking this situation. I guess the best thing to do is to just go and not enjoy it and then go home, basically what I am doing.

That's lame man. That's... really stupid. I mean, it's stupid to make yourself unhappy based on what others think. If you don't like hanging out in big groups, just tell people. Otherwise you're going to be unhappy all because you worried about what others think.

Besides, doing what you plan on doing is kind of like when you're on the phone with someone, and they won't stop talking, but you want to go, so you make up a really blantant lie to get off the phone. It hurts them more that you felt the need to lie to them to get them to shut up. It's much nicer to say "Look, I really enjoy talking to you, but, I want to get off the phone now." I've tried it and 9 times out of 10 they respond with "Oh, yeah! That's cool, I understand."

Just tell people you're uncomfortable in big groups. They should completely understand, offer them a raincheck for hanging out.

If you think I'm full of shit, that's cool too.