13 November, 2006

Expected but interesting

One of the ways I have changed now that I have a girlfriend is in my attitude towards people in general. There used to always be that undertone of "what if I we fell in love" or whatever, basically with every girl, and a few guys. Now it is completely not there at all, and I don't even consider anything beyond friends with anybody.

I mean, a lot of my innocence is basic willpower, but in this case, I don't have to even try. I just don't have "indecent" thoughts about anyone anymore. At all. It's not so much a good or bad thing as just kind of a relief. It is like there is a bunch of pressure off. When a girl asks me out, I can just say "I'm already taken" and be done. I don't have to say no "because I don't like you" to her, which is hella not a fun thing to do.

I just feel way more stable now, and it is many kinds of awesome. It's like, now I actually have the attitude of "I don't care what anybody thinks of me," rather than making myself have that attitude and ignoring my actual attitude of caring. The only problem with a relationship is, as Nora put it, it's like picking up a 6-credit class. (You know, time-wise.)

In other news, it is apparently "geography awareness week." What the hell. I guess it is good that I am aware of geography.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are now sure that you won't get any rejection, that's why you feel more stable and secure... and if fact can give away some, which gives you some extra confidence.

Emily said...

In 7th or 8th grade (I don't remember which) I won my middle school geography bee. I guess I'm pretty aware of geography too. Or at least I was then.