15 May, 2006

Today I might hang out with Asya

I do not actually know if this is true. It probably isn't going to happen by the look of things, to be honest. Oh well, always another day, eh?

Otherwise, I finally picked up my violin again, and I didn't sound too bad at all. I think I'm back to where I was, but as I did spend the past few weeks listening to such as Darol Anger and Mark O'Connor, I am not very pleased with where I was. So I am setting about getting good at the violin. I hope it works.

Either way, I need to get myself to the diag once the weather lightens up (probably Wednesday or Thursday), I need to get the notes down still in a couple parts of a Chopin nocturne, and I need to get good enough to jam with this guitar player at the temple. Actually I am probably good enough to jam with the guitar player.

I have this weird image in my head that I should impress people with how good I am with the violin. I really don't know where that comes from. I used to just play it because I enjoyed it, and now I'm all trying to get good. On one hand, it is good to be taking my practising more seriously, but on the other, is it good that I can't be satisfied with just having fun anymore? I probably need to come up with a middle ground of some sort.

But really. Garnet, you ruined my perception of how good I am at the violin. You just had to give me a bunch of awesome music, didn't you. Well, I mean, thanks I guess, because it is pretty awesome.

I suppose the best-case scenario is that I would successfully get really good, and then enjoy playing again. That way I would appeal to both points of view. Right now, I think that's what I am going to work toward.

Also, I am planning on going somewhere (such as the diag) and setting up a table and making and handing out peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches. PB&J Sandwiches are very good for you if you are not allergic (the peanut butter gives you an entire protein, so you could actually live off it, albeit not very healthily), and I would be solving world-hunger. By the way, I'm not trying to make a difference in the world. I honestly don't really think I can. I'm just trying to make a difference to a few hungry people that might want a sandwich.

I don't care if people are rich or poor. If they are hungry, then I want to be there with a sandwich. If there are more people than me, it would be easier because we could do it assembly-line style, and I wouldn't have to pay for all the sandwiches myself. I don't want to make the sandwiches ahead of time because people might think I put drugs or poison or something in them, and this idea is contrary to the image I would like to present.

The best thing that could happen is that people would come up to me asking if they can "join" or something. And then I can say, "I am not in a group, if you want to join, come out on your own or with your friends, and spread the word and the sandwiches." I don't want to start a group, because group politics screw up everything. I see no advantages to uniting under a name and a leader. This way, if a group forms itself, and I just stop coming out, it would be able to carry on on its own with no trouble.

The worst thing that could happen is that nobody would want a sandwich and I would have a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to eat. In other words, this is not a situation that can really go wrong. I mean, somebody could start yelling at me or be violent or something, but it isn't like that can't happen any other time.

So I am going to do it, I have no idea when, let me know if you want to do it with me.

SUMMARY:

This was a long post and if you don't want to read it here is a summary:

Probably not going to hang out with Asya
Played my violin, [drama], hope to get better
PB&J SQUAD ATTACK

No comments: