07 August, 2006

Well daggumn.

I've looked through a few Summer albums of people I don't know very well on facebook, and they're usually fun to look through. But just now, I started looking through a summer album basically full of my friends (the one Molly put up earlier), but with me not there. It's really brought home the fact that I haven't really hung out with anyone at all this summer. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Well, that's dishonest. I know exactly how I feel about that. I feel sad. Not because I was "left out" or something, but because I chose to keep to myself when I could have been with friends. But then again, I chose to avoid friends precisely because being around them makes me sad. So what the fuck am I to do? It's kind of a lose-lose situation. One reaction is that I need to make some friends in college, but that's silly. I already have a bunch of friends. (Not to say I shouldn't make a huge bunch of college friends, just that they shouldn't replace my older friends.)

But, the only thing that makes me feel more left out than not being around my friends is being around my friends. Anyhow, I'm going to attempt joining in on a diplomacy party on Thursday I think. Back into the social swing of things. Maybe I'll like it this time, now I've had some time to be alone. Then again, I had plenty of time to be alone from January to April. Well, whatever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know if I should or really could offer advice on this subject. I mean, I know what it's like to not want to hang out with people because of a mingled feeling of being left out and botherment at not being the focus of attention... But, I mean, you haven't always felt this way in groups? Have you? You used to throw parties and hang out in groups in general... didn't you? *confusion* Ah well. I do the only thing I can in this situation.

Wish you luck love.

--Gynelle

Anonymous said...

That day was probably really boring anyway!
-Garnet