10 September, 2005

Eating At College 101 (hahaha 101 and college get it?)

So it is 2:30 in the afternoon and I have nothing to eat. I mean, I had French toast for breakfast with Wilson a while ago, but I am hungry again, and lunch ended a half-hour ago. I guess there is always the Halfway Inn (apparently also known as the Halfass), which, for those of you who don't know, is a place where you can get food that is not very good with meal credit.

Also, they do not serve dinner on Saturdays, so I will have to figure out some way to eat food. Knowing me, I will probably end up not eating anything. One of the cool things about college is the meal plan, because there is food ready and waiting for me to eat it, but the problem is that if I miss it, I miss it. Today, I missed it.

That's probably why I'm all underweight. Oh well. I've been like this for as long as I can remember and I haven't developed cancer yet. Still though. Well, I shouldn't complain. That's what I get for staying up until 4:00 a.m. last night. It is to be expected, I suppose.

Speaking of which I am going to have to set a bedtime from now on, because all this sleeping in, not eating breakfast, and then going to several hours of classes is not working for me. I think 11:00 is a reasonable hour that I should have to be in bed by. A little late for me, but a little early for college. A nice compromise.

I don't know what it is about college that compels me to stay up so late. I mean, I am not a night person. I am totally a big morning person. Yet I persist in staying up late all the time now. I don't think it's because of Wilson (who is a night person and is my roommate). I am fine with going to bed while he is in the room with the light on. Is it a peer-pressure thing? I doubt it.

It's probably the lack of control my parents enforce over me now. It's almost like the time of day no longer matters. If I am tired I sleep and if I want to be awake I wake up. Now that we humans have curtains to make rooms dark and light-bulbs to make rooms bright, we have no need for the sun anymore.

Actually, contrary to what I said previously, I am hungry, and I want food. I will now head over to Big Ten Burrito. That'll fill me up.

No comments: