12 September, 2005

I have a job!

So I am working in my dining hall that is in the building I live in. Yesterday, I worked as a dish-washer, and today I worked as a slave. I prefered dish-washing, actually. It was a nice, repetitive, non-stressful, and thoughtless job. The slave work (actually the job is cleverly named "dessert and deli bars" and I am the only person I know of so far who caslls it "Kitchen Slave") is far more stressful and there is much more to think about. I have to make sure four different areas are stocked full while a constant amount of students go by. Sometimes, it is as little work as replacing a box of cereal, and sometimes, it is as much as going and getting a tray of s'more bars from the back room, cutting them into squares, arranging them in a pretty pattern on another tray, and all this while not eating any of them.

Naturally, if I happen to have nothing to do for any period of time, my job is then to do what anybody tells me.

The cool thing is, my starting wage is $8.65 an hour. When I'm washing dishes, it's up to about 9. I understand that these are really high wages for what I'm doing. Plus, they'll go up. I think I just managed to land myself in the best job ever.

Anyway I am currently holding onto my computer for dear life while typiung because a couple of my friends are attempting to drag me out of the room. I think I will have to continue this later. I will. Goodbye for now.

No comments: