16 September, 2005

Thursday doesn't matter

Actually I am just quoting that song called W.E.E.K.E.N.D. It is a good song, really.

Monday . . . is not a fun day.
Tuesday . . . is a blues day.
Wednesday's getting better.
Thursday doesn't matter, then it's
Friday . . . is the last day.
W E E K E N D it's weekend.
W E E K E N D it's weekend.

Um, anyway, back in the real world, tonight, I had the most fun I have had since, well, since ever. I have never had this much fun. Ever. Full stop. "What did you do?" I hear you cry. Or maybe you're just thinking "Oh god another story." Or perhaps "Matt I already know about the ninja hunt. I was there. It was my idea remember?" if you're Garnet.

Here goes. For my birthday, mon ami Ted gave me padded nunchaku and a padded sword. By the way, I don't think Ted got them from the linked sites, but they basically describe the gifts to the T, in more detail than I could hope to provide.

Anyway, Wilson and I were planning on using them if ever we had a disagreement. That way we could have arguement battles. Recently, Kate Wakefield randomly came to my dorm room (which was really really cool). Among the fun we had was her giving me a belated birthday present. It was a whole bagful of goodies. Among these were some handcuffs, and a neon-green plastic cap gun.

Well, thank you Ted, and thank you Kate! We actually used them!

So Garnet and I were bored while we awaited the drunk return of Wilson (perhaps I will outline this tomorrow). We were playing a little with the weapons and Garnet says "hey wouldn't it be great if we grabbed these—" he picked up both the nunchaku and the sword "— and burst into a room shouting 'IS ANYONE HERE DRUNK???'"

We both seemed to find this idea really funny because we laughed for a while. Then we decided to do it. I grabbed the argument weapons, while Garnet donned the neon-green plastic cap gun and handcuffs. And then we were off. We burst into the hallwayand rocketed down it, barrelled into the stairwell, and went to a different floor. Any time we went through a door, we jumped and got really intense. After about ten minutes of this, a person we happened to pass was like, "uh, what are you doing" and I was like "hunting" and Garnet was like "ninjas." "Hunting ninjas. Have you seen any ninjas"

The guy just looked puzzled, and the line stuck. From that point onward, we were hunting ninjas. After telling this to a particular girl, she asked about the handcuffs, to which Garnet artfully replied "ninjas have hands, same as any."

(My favourite part:) At one point we were in the basement and a whole group of people walked by us, and we asked if they had seen any ninjas. One of them pointed at the nunchaku and asked "are you a ninja?"

At the same time, I shouted "no!" and Garnet shouted "traitorous bastard!" and pointed the gun at me. I crumpled into a ball, moaning "noooooooo" and Garnet said to the crowd "you guys better leave. This is gonna get ugly."

They left, and he pointed the gun at me and it *clicked* anticlimactically. It was beautiful.

Needless to say, we both ran in the other direction, past a different group of people, shouting "RUN!! NINJAS!!! RUN AWAYYYYYYYY!!!"

Anyway, that was the most fun I have had for a really long time. By the by, we ran around my dorm hall for two hours. So, we agreed that, from now on, we will do this every Tuesday from 7-9 PM. Not Thursday because it won't work for Brianne.

Yeah. It will be so great. And Garnet says he will bring his He Man sword on Tuesday. Great great great great great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...Leave my comment....Are those the only html tags I can use? I don't need to use any so it's ok.

Matt, that makes nothing clear. Now I'm confused and don't want to talk to myself again.

Matthew A LaChance said...

Sheila will join us, so now you have to join us.

HA!