16 September, 2005

I promised about Wilson

Okay I guess I promised to explain about Wilson being drunk, so I'll get on that right away.

Wilson joined a group called the Glee Club. They are known for being an a capella group that does a very good job, and also known for a lot of drinking. Last night, Wilson went to his very first Glee Club party at Cottage Inn where there was pizza and beer. Therefore, we naturally assumed that Wilson would come back drunk.

Very quickly, preparing for a drunk Wilson became a hallway project. We moved his bed to the floor, so he wouldn't be up high and get vertigo and vomit. We moved him to the futon. We also cleared the way from the door to the futon, making a very clear path so that Wilson could simply walk forward and collapse onto his bed. We also put a bunch of things on the ladder to his bunk bed, so he would be unable to climb up, and placed a very large cardboard box in front of it so he wouldn't be able to reach it anyway. I emptied one of the trash bins and placed it next to the futon so Wilson would have a way to easily vomit if he had to, without making a mess. We even drew on pieces of paper, labeling where to sleep, where to vomit, where not to sleep, et cetera.

Anyway, all in all, we put a lot of work into it. When Wilson came back, completely sober, the entire hall was disappointed, and Wilson was just confused about why the room was rearranged and why the entire hallway was disappointed "because he was not drunk." All in all, it was a neat experience, and without the drunk context, we never would have gone ninja hunting.

Today was also neat because I visited my High School. Judith DeWoskin (one of the best teachers in the world ever) wanted me to come back and talk to some of her students. This of course gave me the opportunity to get hugged by many people, and, overall, treated like a god.

I mean, even though a lot of people told me they would miss me, it never occurred to me that they actually did miss me. It always seemed to me that "I'll miss you" was just one of the things you were obligated to say to a friend who would be gone for a while. I guess not! It was like the whole school was rejoicing at my presence, and most of my friends weren't even there anymore, so it doesn't even make sense. Well, it was still pretty cool.

Great ego-building too. I mean, for a while, I totally thought I was a really cool person. I recommend visiting your old high school from time to time. It does your self-esteem wonders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really only fun the more connected you are to people.

Like it was a lot more fun last year for me than it is this year because I'm another degree of separation away.

So I really just teach and leave.

And stay in Ken's room.
-Garnet

Matthew A LaChance said...

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, it would have been way better if all the seniors still went there, but that wouldn't even make sense.

Haha, today's Achewood alt is great.