13 September, 2005

So maybe I have friends?

No probably not. Not yet, that is. In my writing class, we split into groups of three. This is to be expected, but what I didn't realise is that we would always be in the same group. Why is this significant? Why, because we actually get to know each other. My group members seem cool so far. One of them plays guitar and listens to such as Radiohead, and his name is Jordan. He seems to agree with me in that I don't really like making friends the traditional way.

By "traditional" what I of course mean is the whole *shaking hands* "OH IT IS NICE TO MEET YOU I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL MY YOU DO HAVE A VERY NICE HAT DID YOU GET IT AT ONE OF THE STORES HERE IN ANN ARBOR OHOHOHO" et cetera thing. I hate that. I much prefer just sitting alone and not having friends. If I'm going to make friends, I'm not going to do that whole fake thing, because I hate it. If I do make any friends, it will be a coincidence more than anything else. Then of course, once I have friends, by default, I can make friends with their friends somewhat easily. And it goes on.

Anyway, Jordan I guess doesn't like that either. Although, I don't know if he hates it to the point I do, but the point is, we somewhat agree. And that makes us friends. Just kidding. But it is kinda nice to already have someone I agree with, you know, so's I have some kinda false connection. I mean, it beats the aforementioned "traditional" routine.

The other group member is named Molly, and she is all gothic. I don't think her ultimate ambition is to like wander around at midnight in the Paris sewers with a swishy cape while weeping or anything, but she does that whole "I only own black clothes so I guess I will just wear black I mean there aren't really any other colours anyway" thing. And she went to this goth-fest thing.

I didn't know goths had "fests." I thought that was strictly limited to things that were mainstream. Goths aren't mainstream, or at least they try to be not mainstream. I guess it is pretty common and mainstream to be a goth, but I think if you were to tell a goth they were mainstream they would probably cry a lot at you or something. Or they would give you that goth look where they look all sulky and angry and offended and pouting all at the same time. If you have never hung out with a goth, this may be hard to picture, but that is the glare I remember from the couple goth friends I've had.

Oh, by the way, I hope I haven't offended any goths (can goths be offended by anything? is it even allowed by the goth creed? is there a goth creed?) or anything. I should probably make a disclaimer to my blog. And where more fitting a place for a disclaimer than right here in the middle of a post.

Disclaimer:

If you are offended by my blog, please don't read it. I mean, it isn't like I am forcing you to read everything I write or anything. You are perfectly capable of ignoring me. I have no intention to offend anybody, but, again, nobody ever has to read this blog. It is totally for my own benefit. The fact that you have the time to read this blog means you could probably be doing something useful instead. Unless you really like having a window into my mind, don't read it. There is no reason for you to. If I am offensive, it is probably my real opinion. If that completely reshapes your opinion of me and you decide that you no longer want to be my friend, so be it. I mean, if our bond of friendship is weak enough that me being offensive can break it, I doubt that you are a very valued friend anyway.

My point is, stop reading it if it makes you mad or something. I'm not trying to make any points or anything, I am only giving a stream of consciousness. That means my thoughts will be disorganised at best, and incomprehensible at worst. If they are offensive, too bad. Don't read it. Shoo. Goodbye.

No comments: