23 September, 2006

Being sick

I mean don't get worried or anything I just have a cold and I'm on the recovery end of it now. Anyway, not liking emergen-C, being sick means you have to basically let your body heal you. What I find odd however is that everybody has advice for what I should do to get better, and I will never follow any of the advice. Even if it's good advice, which it usually is.


The advice is typically something along the lines of "drink lots of water (this I do anyway), get lots of rest, don't go outside, lay down a lot, etc." Basically, "don't have fun." Guys, if you have a bunch of fun jumping around in the cold rain outside while you are sick, all that will happen is that you will be sick for a few days longer. Seriously, would you rather be sick for 5 days of no fun, or be sick for 8 days with plenty of fun.


I mean, some sicknesses really do require you to not do anything all the time, but the common cold is not that kind of sickness. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grah. I believe in getting sick. I mean, not just that it happens, I believe in building up as many immunities and antibodies as you can. So DO IT!

Matthew A LaChance said...

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"
~The Government