22 September, 2006

Logic Puzzle

This is what I have been working on for the past two hours:


There are three gods, named Truth, Lie, and Random. Truth will always tell the truth, Lie will always lie, and Random will unpredictably change back and forth between telling the truth or a lie. Also, they will (of course) only answer yes-or-no questions, and they will answer only in their own language with either "da" or "ja." You do not know which word means yes, and which means no.


You may ask any number of questions, and being gods, they are all-knowing.


Also I got the solution, and it is actually possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask the same question multiple times, waiting for Random to change his answer? And if I do so, am I guaranteed that his answer will change within a finite amount of time?

What will happen if I ask them all if they're lying? Will Lie explode?

Matthew A LaChance said...

A better name for Random is Tricky. Random is now named Tricky. But you can go ahead and ask him the same question as many times as you want.

Also, no, Lie will not explode. He will lie.