19 September, 2006

Meaning of life?

Like many people, I've been thinking about the meaning of life and all that. I don't think there is any meaning of life. I don't think there is any deep purpose, or universal goal. I'm not saying this as a negative thing, and I'm not saying that makes individual purposes and goals any less special. I'm not even depressed about it. I just don't think anything matters in the big scheme of things. Humans are animals with overdeveloped brains. Blame God, blame fate, don't blame anything, whatever. I think the only thing that is real is that I am here, and you are here. The idea is that I help your life become easier, and you help mine do the same. In helping each other out, we all have better, happier lives.


Need it be more complicated than this?

No comments: