25 October, 2006

Pet problem

I really don't like how our culture puts so much emphasis on apologising for dumb things and not apologising for things that demand an apology. For example, if you bump into a person, that person will apologise. What the hell. You bumped into them. Or when your relative dies, the proper response is "I'm sorry." What the hell. Yes I know that is short for "I am sorry to hear that," but why should the person be sorry to hear that. They shouldn't be. They should be glad you consider them friend enough to tell them.

On the other hand, when you actually fuck up, the proper response is to have an excuse. What the hell. Just what the HELL people.

In other news, Nora made a really fucking good mix for me, and one song was Mr. Blue Sky, and I was going crazy for a while trying to remember where I had heard the song. She suggested Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and I may indeed remember it from there, but I did not like that movie at all. And then I remembered.

No comments: