24 October, 2006

Social Experiment

I just signed onto facebook and changed my political beliefs to "Very Conservative." Technically, this is actually true, but I am only conservative by the century-old definition. The current definition of conservative seems to be fundamentalist, and I am not that. Anyway, I am curious to see how many people meet me in real life, friend me on facebook, see that I am very conservative, and then make a bunch of judgements about me based on that. I find this kind of thing fascinating.

Also, by the way, for those of you who are wondering what the old definition of conservative is, I am talking about small government that does not meddle with people, low taxes, and, most importantly, very slow changes. It seems like current "conservative" thought is nothing along these lines, but in actuality I am very old-school conservative. If you disagree with my views on this, then, I mean, whatever. I'm right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh facebook.