05 October, 2006

Speakers!

I got the new speaker system that I ordered. It is called 5.1 (five speakers that surround you and one subwoofer that can basically go anywhere because it is a subwoofer), but it should be called either 1.5 or 5.HUGE. I mean it. The woofer is about 2 cubic feet. That may not sound huge, but if you think about it it really is. It takes up half the space under my desk, and it has a heat sink on the back. The two are not related, but it does have a heat sink. The speakers themselves are great. It is sometimes hard to tell that the sound is coming from speakers and is not real. If you couldn't see the speakers, locating them would be pretty difficult. These are some nice fucking speakers!


I made some new friends yesterday and that is pretty cool. I am still facing the undead core. I am now going to drink hell of water, and do some serious mathematics. The first midterm is on Wednesday, and if it is anything like the practise midterm, it will not be a problem at all.


Speaking of Math, I just checked the concentration requirements. Basically, I am on the right track. It is a good thing I did not take differential equations and instead went for linear algebra, because that is exactly what they say to do. I should then take a more-advanced differential equations course this winter. After that, I need to take at least 7 more math courses. Also I need to take a non-math course that is on the list they gave me. One of them is Game Theory (Econ 409). This sounds like hella fun. Basically, that is all I need to do to have a math major. Also they recommend that I take a couple physics courses and computer programming, which I will probably do. I mean, they sound fun.


Anyway, I designed next semester's schedule based on Winter 2006 (because '07 isn't up yet) and it looks like everything fits all right. I got Math 317, French 290, and Econ 101. I have all three on Mondays and Wednesdays which will kind of suck, but whatever. Not that much. Also I scheduled an appointment with a guy at the math department to see how I should go about my crazy decision to double-major in Business and Mathematics while remaining in the RC.


Time to study hell of mathematics.

No comments: